3.21.2010

My favourite thing.

I don’t really know anything about my favourite thing. But I do really have one, or even more. I am defending it, as it was someone offending something I cant really think about, but that is really precious to me. It could be a person that I’m in love with. When I was younger and it was easier to fall in love, I sometimes couldn’t remember who it was. I really tried to come up with who it could be, what he looked like and what we said if we even had spoken to each other. Maybe it didn’t matter so much who it was, only the fact that I felt in love. Nowadays I hear people being really certain about what their favourite thing is, and it is mostly just one or two so it is easier to tell and for them to watch them and defend them and look after them in general. I didn’t have to look after them since I didn’t really know what they were from the beginning. I don’t know my favourite thing by heart. Maybe because I have a lot of them. Or maybe because unconsciously I see them as a sign of weakness. If it was a thing, and if I was a child, not the child I used to be though, it might have been a toy pet.

My favourite word is a word I don’t really use a lot. If I even know it. Would I recognize it then? By the gentle sound it possesses and the light feeling it leaves you with. Or just a word that describes how the hair lays on the girl you wish you were in high school.

I hear people being really certain about what their favourite thing is, and it makes me nervous.

To hear your favourite words but not to utter them. Or to see them on a screen.

- My room is a field and my mouth, containing all things I don’t favour, I’m afraid of having them close to me.

- I lie to all of them.

No comments: